Descripción de la clase
Let’s go grocery shopping! In this ESL lesson, students will learn how to buy groceries at a store and ask for help when looking for items. This lesson includes audio of two people communicating in a store and plenty of engaging discussion activities and worksheets. Students review and practice vocabulary relating to this topic. Also, students discuss different aspects of grocery shopping and share ideas on buying goods. The lesson activities have been developed for adult and teenage learners.
- Excuse me, miss. Do you work here?
- Yes, I do! How can I assist you?
- Can you help me find the eggs?
- Eggs? Yes, of course. Follow me, please.
- Thank you so much. I have looked down every aisle and can’t seem to locate them.
- No worries! We just rearranged a few things, so I apologize for that. We
have eggs of different colors, sizes, and types. What are you looking for exactly?
- Um, let me double-check my shopping list. Usually, my wife does the shopping. I feel
like a deer in headlights in these big supermarkets. I think large white free-ranged eggs
should be ok.
- (laughs) I understand. I work here and sometimes get confused! Anyway,
are you looking for a full dozen or just half a dozen eggs?
- Two dozen actually! My wife and I plan to make some omelets, pancakes, and sausage
for our kids on Sunday.
- Wow, sounds delicious! Can I come? (laughs) Here we are!
- Well, if you come, we might need three dozen eggs! (laughs)